Beet, Walnut, & Sundried Tomato Pasta
Yes...beets, again. I had a ton of them in my refrigerator and I was looking for ways to use them other than just plain ol' roasting, which is my favorite way to enjoy beets. This pasta dish is relatively quick and uses very few ingredients. If you're looking for a way to include more vegetables in your diet: this is it. Full of protein, fiber, and healthy fat, this is an easy meal option that makes for great leftovers the next day.
- 4-5 small beets, roasted, peeled, and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted or raw)
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 oz brown rice spaghetti noodle pasta or other pasta of choice
- Oil of choice for drizzling
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt + Pepper
- Optional: Ricotta Cheese
- Pulse roasted beets, walnuts, and sundried tomatoes in a high speed blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to packaging instructions. Drain and save about 1/2 cup of the water.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles and beet mixture. Add in pasta water a little at a time until you reach desired creamy texture.
- Top with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve warm! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Option: When serving, add a dollop of ricotta cheese on top (it's really yum).