Zucchini noodles (or, ZOODLES!) are one of my lunch and dinner time favorites. They are filling and really easy to prepare. Depending on what kind of meal you're going for, you can add herbs and spices to create more flavor and change the cuisine. It's simple to do, here's how:
- Using a julienne peeler, start slicing one side of a zucchini (skin on) until you start to get to the seeds.
- Rotate the zucchini and repeat, until you get to the seeds and have peeled the whole zucchini.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan (I use coconut oil - whatever you have is great!).
- Add fresh minced garlic. (Or don't, but YUM.)
- Toss the zucchini noodles in the pan over medium-high heat, using tongs to coat them with the oil.
- Let them cook, stirring with tongs occasionally, until they've reached your desired consistency. For crunchier zoodles, 3-4 minutes will be fine. Leave them on longer if you want them to be softer.
- That's it!
I like to combine zucchini noodles with sautéed greens and chunks of baked chicken - but the possibilities are really endless. You can use traditional spaghetti sauce + toppings of your choice, combine them with other sautéed veggies, or cut up the zoodles into smaller pieces to throw them in a salad. If you find creative and delicious ways to incorporate zucchini noodles into your meals, please share!