*Disclaimer: I apologize in advance - these muffins are really good.
Here's what you'll need (makes 18-20 small muffins)
- 1.5 cup Sprouted Whole Wheat flour (or GF flour blend)
- 1 cup oats
- .5 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg, OR this egg replacement: 1 tbls ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbls warm water
- 1.5 cups Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking soda & powder, cardamom, & salt in medium bowl.
- Mix mashed banana, milk, egg or flax egg, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate morsels, walnuts, and hemp seeds.
- Using muffin liners, line two muffin tins.
- Pour mixture into each cup until each is 2/3 full.
- Pour water into any empty remaining muffin tins to allow for even baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, watching closely.
YUM. Dense little muffins that have some solid nutirion to help justify your chocolate-for-breakfast craving (as if you need to justify it). The warm + gentle spicy flavor of cardamom is just so that your taste buds do a little happy dance. These muffins also freeze really well, so you don't have to keep them all on the counter at once.